Below is a rundown of our May 8, 2023, CDA meeting.
- Refreshments were provided by Mrs. Kathy Cox and Mrs. Rosa Maynard.
- Prayer petitions page was updated. Mrs. Betty Rogers has been added to the list. She has a swollen lymph node. Please pray for her. Mrs. Mary Reaux is recovering from a broken wrist and broken jaw. Suzette Menard advised about Mrs. Gladys Menard.
- One rosary was said at a funeral on Friday. CDA Members: Rosa Maynard, Mary Reaux, Bonnie Viator, and Denise Mestayer were present.
- The Pro-Life rosary was completed on May 6 at everyone's home due to weather.
- Empathy report: 2 Birthday cards and 2 sympathy cards
- Spirituality: Mrs. Suzette Menard spoke about Mother Mary, St. Joseph the Worker, Feasts Days, and a Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Book: The Secret of the Rosary
- Throughout the meeting Regent Paula Foret asked questions about CDA. The winners received a plant.
- Old Business:
- National Guard Family Day was held on April 23rd. 29 cakes were donated (8-10 large ones). Several CDA members donated to this event.
- Financial Review was held on April 17th. The records were in order. Thanks to all that helped.
- New Business:
- Coffee and Donut event to be held this Sunday, May 14th after the 9 a.m. mass. Discussion about what we will purchase.
- Prayer cards for Mother's Day mass. Two Catholic Daughters at every mass. Please sign up to be a person to hand out cards at the mass.
- On May 14th, CDA will present Father Savoie with a $1,000 check after 9 a.m. mass.
- CDA was asked to donate cookies to the Stuebenville Retreat for youth on May 28th. All cookies would need to be dropped off on May 28th between
4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Mrs. Denise Mestayer also made a motion to donate to this event. Mrs. Denise Girouard made a motion to donate $500.00. Mrs. Mary Reaux made a motion to donate $600.00. A vote was cast. CDA members will be donating $500 towards this event.
- Other Business:
- Recruitment idea: A full page / half page announcement to be placed in the bulletin. (last week in July)
- Prayer breakfast: We need a chair person(s). We voted to have a prayer breakfast in August. If you would like to assist with this breakfast, please contact Regent Paula Foret. Denise Mestayer volunteered to chair this event.
- Convention: They were celebrating 100 years. Regent Paula Foret gave an update about the convention.
- Several members gave updates.
- Recent CDA donation - Earline Viator
- Prayer blankets - Kathy Cox (donate to shut ins - Sandra)
- Display of religious items from Mrs. Enella.
We would love for you to attend our next meeting.